The holiday season is upon us and with that comes travel. How can you stay safe while traveling amid a pandemic whether for work or personal? We have a few suggestions:
- Wear a mask in all public settings.
- Utilize the CDC Travel Planner to check the case level and requirements/restrictions of your destination. This will keep you prepared for whatever lies ahead.
- Limit contact with frequently touched surfaces (handrails, elevator buttons, doorknobs) and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands frequently and/or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Be sure to pack safe travel supplies such as extra face masks, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes.
- Contact your accommodations beforehand to be sure they are following proper COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Plan outdoor, socially distant activities at your destination.
- Book lodging, activities, and transportation that you are able to cancel if necessary.
- Devise a plan ahead of time in the event that you or a travel companion becomes sick.
- Utilize mobile or electronic food delivery services, such as Postmates or Uber Eats, for online ordering and contactless delivery when available.
From all of us at Catalyst, we hope you have a safe, enjoyable holiday season! We look forward to continuing to work together in the new year.